7 Feminist Women who Inspired Us at the Emmy Awards
7 feminist women brought smiles, tears and inspiration to us this year at the Emmys. Way to use your platforms ladies!
If you missed them, quick snippets below.
- Alex Borstein’s speech about stepping out of line. Her grandmother was in a Holocaust camp, on her way to be killed. She asked a guard what happened if she stepped out of line. The guard replied that he wouldn’t shoot her, but someone else would. No one else did. The moral? Step out of line.
- Laverne Cox looking fabulous and reminding us of a Supreme Court Decision on Title V11 is coming up. We’ll find out whether the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects the LGBTQ community. Learn more here.
- Patricia Arquette spoke about her sister Alexis and reminded us the average life span for a trans person is only 35.
- RuPaul encouraging everyone to vote.
- Michelle Williams who spoke up for equal pay.
- Phoebe Waller-Smith. Need I say more?
- Gwendoline Christie, better known as Brienne of Tarth who nominated herself for an Oscar. Love her.